Which MMI model do you have on your Audi ?
A very simple way of learning exactly which MMI head unit or what version of MMI firmware is running on your Audi is by checking the version information displayed by your unit. To this end, follow these steps:
- First, press the Setup or Menu button on the radio.
- Then, go to Settings and scroll down to Version info.
As you access version information, you will see a serial code under Media/software version. The prefix of your software version will decide which MMI model is installed on your Audi. And the serial code under the Navigation database version, tells you about the version of Map running on your system.
The list below contains different MMI models with the prefix of supported software version written in front. Simply match the prefix with the version on your screen and you will have your MMI model.
- MMI 2G: SW: XX-XX XX.X.X XXXX
- MMI 3G Low/Basic: BNav_XX_XXXXX
- MMI 3G High: HNav_XX_XXXXX
- MMI 3G+: HN+_XX_XXXXX or HN+R
- MMI RMC: RMC_XX_XXXXX
- MMI Mib1: MHIG_XX_XXXX
- MMI Mib2: MHI2_XX_XXXX
- MMI MSTD: MSTD_XX_XXXX